UKHCA’s Disclosure Service enables home care providers and other suitable bodies to complete criminal record checks on their care workers.
Criminal record checks enable employers to make decisions about the suitability of their workers to provide care to children or vulnerable adults and is a legal requirement in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Our service is available to UKHCA members and non-member organisations and we are registered as an umbrella body with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Disclosure Scotland and Access NI.
The Disclosure Service Team has been in operation since 2002, and has a vast experience in dealing with Disclosure Applications. We provide a professional, cost effective and efficient Disclosure checking Service and are always on hand to provide assistance you may require.
Our services include:
- Guidance on how to complete Disclosure Application forms
- Comprehensive guidance notes.
- Priority vetting procedure to ensure that applications can proceed without delay
- Advice and guidance on how to use the information obtained in completed criminal record checks.
- Liaison with DBS, Disclosure Scotland and Access NI on your behalf.
- Prompt alerts for developments in DBS, Disclosure Scotland and Access NI practices
- Useful ‘hints and tips’ which may help you in the recruitment process.
- Access to the DBS Vulnerable Adults Barred list and DBS Adult First check.
Our service abides by the DBS, Disclosure Scotland and Access NI Codes of Practice, to ensure that information about your prospective employees is secure and confidential
Using our services
More information about using our service, please contact our dedicated Disclosure Team on 020 8661 8188 (select option 3) or email us with your full name, address and contact telephone number at: email@example.com.
If you are already use our Disclosure service, more information is available from the Disclosure Service section of this website.
UKHCA Member organisations can get more information from the Members'-Only section of this site