United Kingdom Homecare Association
The professional association for homecare providers

Translate site:
Page Font Size:
A  ->   A
This information is also a available as a Really Simple Syndication feed

Latest News

Tweet this UKCHA news item  Share this UKCHA news item on Facebook  Share this UKCHA news item on Facebook

EU drivers visiting or living in the UK after EU ExitEU drivers visiting or living in the UK after EU Exit

From 29 March 2019, in the event that there is no EU Exit deal, arrangements for EU and EEA licence holders who are visiting or living in the UK will not change.

Visitors with EU and EEA driving licences will not need an International Driving Permit (IDP) to drive in the UK.

EU and EEA licence holders visiting the UK can continue to drive on valid EU and EEA licences.

EU and EEA car or motorcycle licence holders who are (or become) UK residents can drive in the UK using EU and EEA licences until they are 70 or for up until 3 years after they become resident, whichever date is the later. At this point an application would need to be made for a UK licence.

For EU and EEA licence holders who passed their test in the EU or EEA, the UK will continue to exchange their licence.

EU and EEA licence holders who passed their test outside the EU or EEA have restrictions on licence exchange. As such, they may need to take a test to obtain a UK licence.

More information can be found on the GOV.UK website:

Announcement posted on:

UKHCA News ID: 235032

More news from UKHCA

[Valid RSS]

Favourite Tweets

Skip Navigation LinksHome > News & media > News